I posted recently in Breaking Ranks that as HR Leaders, we need to take a hard look at our staff and at ourselves and ask, "do we have the right people in the right seats on the bus to get us to where we need to go?"
Well, I did and really, I look beyond my staff often and right to myself and ask if I am the one to get us to where we need to go? Some days the answer comes back more strongly and confidently than others but yes, I am the one right now to get us to where we need to go. How do I know? Well, in response to Leadership Meme, here are seven qualities that you don't know about me that help me to be a good leader:
- I know that I don't know it all. So, . .
- I make mistakes. Even my daughter's princess wand won't help. To minimize the potential for error . . .
- I surround myself with those who do know and I ask lots of questions. I am definitely data driven and must be able to connect the dots.
- I lead from my gut more than I care to admit. Actually, heart is a better word.
- I am committed to doing and being the best I can. Enter the leadership coach - yeah Abigail!
- I can be trusted - to do what's right, to say what needs to be said and with the oh so very confident confidences.
- I am not in it for the glory. Didn't know there was supposedly glory in this leadership gig did you?!
Have a great day!