I had the honor of presenting at the Human Resource Professional Association (HRPA) - Peel Chapter Annual General Meeting Thursday night.
I spoke about HR leadership and credibility. What did I say? Credibility is important for HR professionals because we simply cannot do our job without it, credibility is earned over time but all hope is not lost for those new to the profession, what happens in Vegas doesn't always stay in Vegas and you are known by the company you keep.
There was more and it's in the slides below.
(Click on the slides and not the arrows to get the full coolness of fade ins and outs)
It was so great to see Bonni Toronto again and to meet her people - the amazing HR professionals in and around the Toronto area. Needless to say, I was very impressed with the chapter and members. From beginning to end, they are first class.
Special thanks to Steve Browne for dedicating his March HR Roundtable to credibility and to Ben Eubanks for his HR Young Professional series on credibility - great material that enhanced the presentation.
Here are some of the sites and posts I referenced in conversation:
- Welcome to the Occupation, Paul Smith
- Leader's Credibility is Golden, John Baldoni, HBR
- Micheal Hyatt Intentional Leadership, Micheal Hyatt
- How to Establish Credibility, Ben Eubanks, UpstartHR
- Drive Thru HR Radio Show, Bryan Wempen and William Tincup
- HR Roundtable: The Touch Issue of Credibility at Work, Steve Browne, TLNT