HR is not flashy. HR is not sexy. At times, it is rather grueling.
In fact, in her post HR: Leadership's Stunt Doubles, Franny-O writes, "Our job is invisible to most people. And it's supposed to stay that way. . . it's our job to stay fit, mind the details, do the hard stuff in the background."
Minding the details is what I'll be doing this week as I:
- Prepare for midterm reviews with my staff,
- Offer advice on the Intuit Small Business Blog,
- Welcome an HR Consultative Review team for a 3 day review,
- Talk with supervisors and about performance management, and
- Noodle employee relations, administrative investigations, objectivity and HR influence.
It's not flashy, it's not sexy, and it's not Oscar worthy . . . but it is necessary.
What's your week look like?